Saturday, March 22, 2014

Food Review Toronto - Thai Everest Restaurant/Take-out (Rate =2*)

Location: Toronto ON (Victoria Park & Lawrence)
Food Type: Thai/Malaysian.  It seems they are authentic Thai.

This restaurant opened up not too long ago it appears.  I decided to try it out since the store front seem to be decent.

I walked in on a Saturday, lunch hour and there was no one in the restaurant.  That should have been my sign...but I was skeptical.

I asked them if they had a lunch special or combos and they said they only have whatever was in the menu. 
I decided to ordered the following (which are my staples when it comes to Thai food):
Spring roll
Shrimp Pad Thai
Pineapple Rice (Veg only)
Mix Veg

Total came to $55 which was pricy considering the neighbourhood & the place was more a take-out place than din-in.

The one thing I have to say about this place was that they charge you extras on everything.  When I ordered the Rice dish he asked me if I wanted chicken/beef and I said I only want plain with vegetables.  I noticed the bill included $1.50 charge because of this.  When I asked the guy, he said it's normal.  What??? I was thinking "normal"??? Isn't normal is when the price includes the standard elements like vegetables.
Right there, he lost me as a customer that will not be returning.

The food was pricy for what I got.  Small portion for the vegetables & noodles.  Rice was average.  Overall, everything was very sweet and not fragrant. I expect more from Thai/Malaysian type food.  Trust me, we have a lot of them in my area and this place is no where near to the others on taste & flavour.

Rating:
Food = 2
Restaurant/Take-out = 2
Service = 2


No comments:

Post a Comment